Travel Immunisations and Vaccinations

The practice offers travel advice to patients travelling outwith the UK who may require vaccination. We would encourage you to check which vaccines may be required by checking the Fit for Travel website.

Private Travel Clinics

Please note that we do not accept travel requests less than 2 weeks prior to travel.

We would advise you to contact a private travel clinic below. 

Ochilview Travel Clinic, Falkirk01324 715876
Gecko travel Clinic, Airthrey Park Medical Centre, Stirling01786 845542
City Doc, 1094 Argyle Street, Glasgow
The Travel Clinic (Glasgow), near Glasgow Airport0141 848 4800
Brownlee Travel Clinic, Gartnavel, Glasgow0141 300 1130
Masta Travel Clinic, Mitchell Street, Glasgow0141 221 4224
Masta Travel Clinic, Quality Street, Edinburgh0131 336 3038
Edinburgh Travel Health Clinic, Newington, Edinburgh0131 667 1030
Adventure Travel Clinic, Leith, Edinburgh0131 561 1945
The Specialist Travel Clinic Ward 41 Western General Hospital Edinburgh01315372822


If you require a prescription for vaccinations this will be ready to collect 3 working days following your appointment.

Mosquito Bite Avoidance for Travellers

In many tropical countries, mosquitoes can spread diseases such as dengue, chikungunya, West Nile, malaria, yellow fever and Zika. Here are five simple rules you should follow to reduce your risk of infections spread by mosquitoes.

Useful Travel Information Websites

The Travel Health Organisations section on this website has lots of useful links to help you.

Travel Vaccination Charges

We offer the travel health service. However, the NHS does not cover the cost of all the treatments you may need. Therefore, for some services you may need to pay additional charges.

Malaria Tablets are NOT provided on the NHS and sometimes can be bought over the counter or may require a private prescription. The nurse can advise regarding this, or you could discuss with your pharmacist. REMEMBER some tablets have to be started at least one week before you travel, and you need continue to take them when you return to the UK for the advised length of time.